Fire protection with thermography solutions for companies and the environment
Fire Prevention - FIRE-SCAN
- Surveillance of open areas and warehouses with fire detection and prevention systems
- Thermal imaging cameras timely detect and locate critical temperature conditions
- Contactless, high-resolution temperature measurement at great distances for early fire detection and prevention
- Automatic documentation and alerting
- Monitoring objects and fire even in case of smoke and dusty air
Thermographic System FIRE-SCAN for Early Fire Detection
Early fire detection system FIRE-SCAN enables capturing of critical temperature indoor and on open-air grounds at an early stage and is optimised for early fire detection. An automatic calibration with threshold values results in prompt alerting up to automated fire fighting. However, should a fire break out, FIRE-SCAN provides an additional option for monitoring the area surrounded by fire even in case of smoke or formation of dust. Thus, fire fighting can be supported very effectively by the fire detection system.
High Thermal and Spatial Resolutions of Integrated Infrared Camera Assure Success
The application of high-performance infrared cameras for early fire detection systems allows a detection of smallest pocket of embers due to their high spatial resolution, meaning a sufficient number of pixels. In case of an insufficient number of pixels for the to-be-monitored area, it is possible to integrate further infrared cameras into the system FIRE-SCAN without any problems. The fire detection system’s sphere of action can be additionally expanded at a constant spatial resolution by mounting the infrared camera onto a remote-controlled Pan-tilt head. Besides the infrared camera’s spatial resolution, which meets highest requirements, the infrared camera system also features an optimised thermal resolution. Only this combination makes it possible to detect smallest temperature changes or hidden pockets of embers at an early stage. As may be necessary, this information will be displayed in control room or directly integrated into the available control system.
Early Fire Detection in Hazardous Areas: Systems with ATEX Certification
The fire detection system FIRE-SCAN is applied, for example, in the chemical industry. The development of explosive gas-air mixtures represents a central hazard there. Therefore, system components that have a certification in accordance with the ATEX Directive are used for such applications. These are primarily protective housings for thermal imaging and visual cameras, pan/tilt systems and electrical distribution systems. They are suitable for deployment in potentially explosive areas 1 and 2.
Case Studies for FIRE-SCAN Solutions
Thermography Systems for Early Fire Protection
Thermography Systems for Early Fire Protection from InfraTec
- Continuous display of current thermal images of all sections (mosaic-overview)
- Simultaneous display of live image (thermal image and colour video)
- Camera and system status indication
- Merging of live images of thermographic and video camera
- Recording of maximum, minimum and average temperature of each section
- Single or multiple-camera system available
- Graphics of temperature-time profile of all sections
- Logging of operations
- Filing of image data
- Detecting and marking of sources of interference, e.g. wheel loaders
- Automatic alarm release when temperature values exceed critical thresholds
- Multi-level alarm functions with adjustable warning and alarm threshold values
- Analysis of long-term temperature trend with adjustable time basis
- Documentation of alarm situations for analysing fire formation
- Wide range of system versions due to modular design concept
Use FIRE-SCAN for These Industries & Applications
Monitoring Seaports with Infrared Cameras
Monitoring ports brings with it a multitude of challenges. For example, a very large unclear area must always be kept completely in view. The goods of regularly arriving ships are also monitored for safety purposes during loading and unloading. Furthermore, the weather conditions – especially at seaports – are changing permanently.
Thermal imaging cameras effectively round off a complex security system in addition to visual cameras, security services, and ship and port personnel. They enable 24/7 monitoring, function even in the most adverse environmental conditions, allow the reliable measurement of temperatures of people and vehicles, infrastructure buildings and equipment, as well as cargo and stored goods even over long distances.
FIRE-SCAN is particularly suitable for monitoring mass and bulk materials in order to detect dangerous fire pockets or heating at an early stage. High geometrical resolution of the infrared camera in the monitoring system, combined with its installation on pan/tilt heads, allows targeted and detailed observation of particularly critical monitoring sectors in detail.
Advantages of FIRE-SCAN for Seaports Monitoring
- Detection of heating before the fire occurs
- Technical features: Use of radiometric zoom cameras, such as the VarioCAM® HD Z
- This camera with optical 6x zoom allows you to keep an overview of large areas as well as to quickly zoom in on critical or conspicuous areas and immediately inspect them in great detail
- Multiple cameras at different locations
- Localisation of the slightest temperature changes even at great distances and in adverse visibility conditions
- Powerful software with automatic alarm triggering when critical thresholds are reached
More Thermographic Automation Solutions for Site Surveillance
Infrared Cameras for FIRE-SCAN
Fairs and Trade Shows
SENSOR+TESTSENSOR+TESTNuremberg, Germany9. - 11. May 2023
PCIM EuropePCIM EuropeNuremberg, Germany9. - 11. May 2023
ControlControlStuttgart, Germany9. - 12. May 2023